The Top 10 Reasons to join...
Aside from being a part of every business' strategic plan, there are many reasons to join the Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce.
Membership makes sense as we can leverage your efforts to grow your business.
We work for you every day!
…the Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce...
1. Connections – It’s obvious that we all have contacts and we all (should) network, i.e. connect. "It's not just who you know, it's who others know!" So, wouldn’t it make sense to broaden your network with like-minded people? Any of these people can become a strong referrer of clients and open doors to other companies to help grow your business.
2. Business advocacy – Affiliation with a chamber, provides businesses of all sizes a larger, more prominent voice to influence public policy on common business and economic initiatives in your community.
3. Credibility – According to a research study by The Shapiro Group, Inc. and Market Street Services, when consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, 44 percent of people are more likely to think favorably of it. There is a 51 Percent increase in consumer awareness, a 57 percent increase in its local reputation and a 63 percent increase in the likelihood that they will patronize those businesses in the future.
4. Visibility - Not only will you be able to gain exposure through any of our number of special events, you will be listed as a new member on the Chamber website and in the online and print directory. There are many opportunities to build your business by advertising through the many channels including special events and our own Cross Platform Marketing Strategy.
5. Resources – The greatest resource anyone can have is people. It is with other like-minded people that we’re able to share thoughts, strategies, and challenges that can lead to solutions—you’re not alone and there are people and organizations to help.
6. Intelligence – There is so much information from so many sources sounding alerts on our “devices” that nearly everything is given just a random glance. We can serve as a source of the most pertinent local, regional, and state issues which could impact your business so that you can concentrate on growing your business.
7. Training – Whether it is a luncheon, a breakfast, a workshop or a factory tour, the Chamber has a variety of programs available to help you increase your business know how and skills of all areas of business.
8. Marketing – Chamber sponsored events are a fun, effective way to expand your business’ reach through a new collaborative means bringing many resources together. Your direct contact with customers, fellow business owners, and civic leaders associated with special events will be rewarded.
9. Standing – By assuming a role of leadership on committees and eventually advance into leadership positions, you are seen by the public and other business owners and operators as an expert in your field.
10. Giving back – Be honest--you set up shop, had some success in Ken-Ton and have benefited from the support of the community in countless ways. Why not give back to the community that has been there for you, by helping it to become stronger? Your wisdom and success—your message—needs to be heard. By giving back, the economy, the business climate, and the quality of life in the Ken-Ton area will all improve.
Benefits of Membership
We believe that the "Benefits" of joining our Chamber, listed below, differ from the "Reasons” for Joining. Chamber membership should be a part of your business strategy, as these benefits are real. Nevertheless, so much more can be realized when you take advantage of all we offer.
Get involved, become visible, and get connected by attending our programs, chairing a committee, or sponsoring an event.
Group Insurance Benefits and Human Resource Management
Competitive rates are available to Chamber members. For more information, please visit our Insurance Information page.
Put your name out in front by sponsoring the Chamber itself, as one of our Chamber Business Sponsors, or by sponsoring an event. Event sponsors can choose between Premier Special Event Sponsorship's or any of our Monthly Event series or programs. Regardless, our Cross Platform Marketing strategy will be put to work for you.
Connect with colleagues at monthly member luncheons, Business After Hours, special events or through BizLinKT, our successful networking group.
Membership Directory & Buyer's Guide
Comprehensive list of over 400 members, including contact names, phone & fax numbers, email & website addresses.
Our newly constructed website permits all Members to link your website with the Chambers which uses new listing enhancement features to help your company stand out.
Competitive rates, in a variety of media (such as our website, Membership Directory and event programs) to connect with other Members and potential customers about your products & services. Please contact us at 716-874-1202.
The Chamber offers many no or low-cost training services through partnerships with SCORE, University at Buffalo, the SBA and many more.